Pre K @ New Emerson:
The Extended Hours Program Pre K at New Emerson is licensed through the State of Colorado. The mission of the New Emerson Pre-Kindergarten program is to provide a developmentally appropriate environment for 4 and 5 year old children, and to support and empower families as partners in their children’s education.
The Pre K program is a four day program, Monday - Thursday and provides two sessions for families to choose from, 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM or 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM.
Objectives of the Pre K Program:
* Give children the opportunity to develop positive self-esteem, including opportunities for increasing competence; encourage autonomy.
* Foster and encourage the development of altruistic, caring behavior.
* Foster understanding and tolerance for differences, including the development of a global view of the world, with respect for other cultures and traditions.
* Teach children to value all life and abhor the purposeful taking of it.
* Teach children to express and value their own feelings and the feelings of others.
* Teach children how to resolve conflicts in nonviolent ways
* Provide children with experiences that demonstrate the multiplicity of solutions to a problem, thus developing the tools to become independent problem solvers.
* Have fun and laugh a lot!